Monday 16 May 2011

Sensational peanut butter and banana smoothies!

One of my short-term goals is to keep my tastebuds happy with foods that I've always regarded as a bit indulgent or comforting.  That's why I treated myself  to a peanut butter and banana breakfast smoothie... for dinner! 
After all, one can't live on salad alone!

As a milkshake afficianado, I have to say it was hard to resist putting ice cream in (or a Snickers!), but it sure was out of this world!

Ingredients

1 large, ripe (or even overripe) banana (NB: using a frozen banana gives a nice texture to the smoothy)
2 tbsp. peanut butter (smooth)
1 tbsp. honey
8 oz skimmed/0% fat milk

I'm on the lookout for other winning smoothie combos. If you have a good recipe, please post it here! I'm particularly looking for a gingerbread one :)

No comments: