Saturday 28 May 2011

May the weight loss be with you

Carrie Fisher is the latest celeb to credit Jenny Craig for her weight loss. 

Despite my own bad experiences on the programme some 20 years ago, I have to say it looks and sounds like it's done her a world of good. In just 18 weeks she's slimmed her 5'1" frame from 180lbs to 150lbs... and that's just a start.

It's no wonder why. She revealed: "I used to feel like I had to apologize for the way I looked whenever I stepped out of the house...I spent so much energy coming up with reasons why I was overweight.

"Now, whenever someone compliments me, I smile and say, ‘well, thank you.' It's a great feeling to feel like myself again, and that I am truly worthy of those compliments.

"I no longer want to hide in the house," she adds.

I've had a taste of that freedom in the past and it's one that should be savoured, cherished and - most importantly - protected.

But, it's easy to take these feelings for granted and allow temptations to get in the way of weeks, months and years of hard work. 

It's still early days for me, but I think it's worth thinking about.  My first milestone, I'm sure, will bring with it the first wave of freedom - and it's only 19lbs away.

On the 344 pounds blog there are lots of great ideas to inspire and sustain weight loss (and maintenance!) momentum.  His is a truly inspiring story and he's done it without fads or gimmicks. I've only started looking through the entries, but I like the idea of regularly posting pre-weight loss pics and reminding yourself of the real benefits of losing weight.

No comments: