Wednesday 18 May 2011

Get thin? Get pregnant (hormones)!

What is it about pregnant women that makes them so. well. magical? I remember - years ago - reading about how wealthy celebrities were bathing in pregnant women's urine in the hopes of finding the fountain of youth.  In the 'now I've heard everything' section of the blog, I give you the HCG Diet.

Participants apparently suppress their hunger with daily injections of hCG, or human chorionic gonadotropin. They can exist on as little as 500 calories a day while undergoing treatment. While hCG hasn't been approved by the FDA for this use, people are queuing up to pay for this more unusual treatment.

Personally I think I'll forgo imbibing urine. Call me old fashioned, but it just doesn't seem right, effective or - most importantly - safe.

No comments: