Sunday 12 June 2011

Preparing a Slimming World shopping list

Tomorrow is my first Slimming World meeting and weigh-in, so I'll be kicking off my SW adventure on Tuesday morning. My only issue today (apart from getting excited) is that I need to prepare a shopping list! I'd like to have everything in order so there isn't too much rushing about on day 1. I think preparation is key!

The Extra Easy plan will be explained to me tomorrow, but I've been having a sneak peek at some recipes today. Two have caught my eye as potential lunch and dinner for Tuesday.

Lunch:

Jacket Potato with Coronation Chicken and crispy salad


Slimming World Coronation Chicken (1 syn) - Serves 1

1 chicken breast, grilled and cooled
1 Muller Light yogurt - Apricot
2 tbsp Hellmans Extra Light Mayonnaise
Curry powder to taste
Optional extras:

71g semi-dried apricots (Hex B)
28 g sultanas (4 syns)
1 tbsp flaked almonds (4.5 syns)

Mix yoghurt with mayonnaise until creamy.
Add curry powder to taste.
Add in optional extras.
Cube chicken and stir into mix until well coated.


Dinner:

New Yorker Chicken - Serves 2

Fry light
2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp syn-free bbq sauce (recipe below)
4 medallions of smoked bacon
Low fat grated cheddar

Preheat oven to 180.
Bake two chicken breasts for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven (but keep oven on!)
Spoon a tablespoon of syn-free bbq sauce over the top of each chicken breast.
Place 2 medallions of bacon on top of the chicken breast.
Sprinkle cheese over the top.
Bake for a further 10 minutes.


Zero syn BBQ sauce - Serves 4

Fry light
1 roughly chopped onion
1 tsp mild chili powder
227ml passata
3 tbsp Splenda
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt/pepper

Spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chili powder - over a low heat - until soft (approx. 5 minutes).

Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.

Serve hot or cold.

Can be frozen.

No comments: