Monday 20 June 2011

Weigh in - Week 1 - Success!

After Twinkie-filled nightmares on Sunday night, I approached my 6:30pm weigh in with considerable trepidation. Let's face it - I wasn't really hungry all week, didn't really feel like I was on a diet and even had a slice of lemon cake! I couldn't have lost, could I?

The scales disagreed, registering a 6 lb loss! Secretly I hoped that I'd get results like this, but I never really believed I could. I know it's early days but this is a great outcome and gets me off to an excellent start.

I'm going into this week focused and aiming for the 1/2 stone mark next Monday. That's a 1 lb loss. Any more is a bonus.

To help me on my way, I'm thinking about trying out this syn-free lemon curd recipe this week:

Syn-free lemon curd

3 tbsp powdered sweetener (I prefer Splenda)
1 lemon, juiced with its rind grated
2 large eggs
2oz extra low fat fromage frais

Whisk together your lemon juice and eggs in a medium-sized bowl..
Mix in rind and sweetener.
Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water and stir until thickened.
Remove from heat.
Whisk in fromage frais until smooth.

Store this in the fridge in a jar to keep fresh. Since it has eggs in it, I'd recommend using within 3 days.

This also makes a great base for a cheesecake filling. When cooled, just add a whole tub of Quark and mix well. 

No comments: