Monday 2 April 2007

Week 12 Weigh-in

Another 3lbs down this week which is surprising for a few reasons:
  • Points have decreased to 23points (even more difficult as I've been thinking it was 22points all week!)
  • An army of Easter eggs seems to have taken over my house

I gave into my easter egg on Saturday, but luckily I had done enough point saving and exercise to balance it out and still lose weight. Phew! While it did taste lovely to have pure, undiluted and completely indulgent REAL chocolate, it is something I know I will have to think carefully about before having in future. You see, it's a slippery slope.

What amazes me is that it has been 3 months since I started this journey and not only have I lost 40-plus pounds, but I think I am finally learning the way forward. With only 68lbs to go, I know that the end is in the distance, but it's in sight...and I know I can do it!

I'm nearing the 200lb mark - 1lb shy now - and I can safely say that it's been approximately 3 years since I've been below it. If I get to it, it will be a milestone by itself! The next few months will take me on a trip down memory lane as I revisit weights of previous years....Here's my best recollection:

  • 200lb - 2004
  • 187lb - August 1999 (just after returning from hospital after giving birth to my son)
  • 150lb -October 1998 (just before falling pregnant with my son..after a LONG stint on Atkins)
  • 140lb - 1993

So, maybe the next few months will see me turning back the hands of time...returning to the physical health of my 20's with the wisdom that a decade and a half has given me...if only wisdom related to healthy eating - it isnt like I'm a sage or something!

Returning to college combined with the weight loss has left me feeling rejuvenated and in the words of a friend 'irritatingly peppy'...let's hope it continues and I never fall into lethargic again!

This week will have its obstacles - I am home with my son all week as well my nephews each morning. Also, my boyfriend's staying for a couple weeks. I've had unsupportive boyfriends but Andy's fantastic about it and actually seems to be enjoying it. He's incredibly supportive and doesn't seem to do anything that could sabotage my plans! He's lovely! So, I should be ok! Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Rick Scheibner said...

Great job! I'm doing WW also. Feels a lot better, doesn't it? I'm down 15 lbs so far, and I weigh in again tomorrow evening. I've been averaging 3-4 pounds a week.

http://www.fatbloggers.net