Sunday 18 September 2011

Weigh in - Week 13 - Highs and lows...

So it's been a whopping six weeks since I last properly checked in. During this time we've had highs and lows but for the most part I think my weight's changed very little.  And even that is an overstatement! I think I've only shifted 6.5lbs in the past few weeks. Next weigh in is tomorrow and I'm hoping to increase my 1 stone 10lb weight loss that little bit further:

Start weight  :  19s 7.5 lb
Weight now  :  17s 12.0lb

I've had a good week these past few days, so I'm really hopeful that this week will see me get a little bit closer to the 2 stone mark (4.5lbs away) and my Club 10 goal (4lbs away).

The exercise has really been upped the last few weeks and I'm starting to feel myself being able to get more active as a result of the increased fitness. As well as my daily walks with the dog and laser tag I'm doing a Zumba session each week and an extra laser tag. During this past week I've reintroduced swimming and I've also started transforming every other dog walk into a dog run of 2 miles. Next week I'll aim to increase the dog walk to 2.5 miles of intervals (25m run, 25m walk).

This exercise has had a significant impact on my body's shape. Last week I took in my new measurements:

Bust            50                45              -5
Waist          51                45              -6
Hips           55                50              -5
Neck           16.5            15               -1.5
Left thigh    31.5            27.5            -4
Right thigh  31.5            28               -3.5


I'm still tracking my wrist and calf measurements but there haven't been any noticeable changes there!

That said, that's a loss of 25 inches in just three months of following Slimming World and focusing on my activity levels! I'm particularly impressed by the reduction in my thighs... incredible, isn't it?!?

Perhaps at the end of six months I'll post a before/after. I'm taking my time this time with the weight loss as I'm trying not to rush it and risk regaining, so I'm thinking that holding back is the best way to go!

Off to play some squash - will write more tomorrow after the weigh in!

No comments: