Monday 8 April 2013

Xenical - What can you eat?

There is a vast difference between what you can eat and what you should eat whole taking Xenical... As I learned the hardway after eating a low fat paella which weighed in at about 19 g of fat. Cramping started about an hour after dinner and I am lucky that was it!

Xenical's side effects are quite well documented, so I have made a conscious effort to ensure that I am trouble free.

The rule of thumb for eating while taking Xenical aka Orlistat is to eat no more than 15 grams of fat at each meal.

So I have been eating simple, filling and healthy meals such as beans with whole meal toast, soft boiled eggs and toast, some soups and stir fry.

When I get peckish I look for fruits and vegetables. And when that is not enough? Pretzels are a low fat alternative to crisps and marshmallows reduce my sweet tooth.

No comments: